Friday, September 10, 2010

Jessica Simpson Is 'Project Runway' Celebrity Judge at Fashion Week Spring 2011




















Jessica Simpson strode onto the catwalk of the biggest venue of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week as the surprise guest judge of the "Project Runway" show on Sept. 9, flanked by host Heidi Klum and hosts Michael Kors and Nina Garcia.

"I love fashion, and I'm a big fan of the show," Simpson, wearing a sparkling black dress ("I'm from Texas -- I love sequins!") and Bavna earrings, was heard gushing. "I thought the designers did a really good job."

Tim Gunn told StyleList he had been backstage with the designers since 4:45 a.m and earned a few more white hairs:

"They were all having this out-of-body experience. It gave them chills, it inspires tears. And the last-minute changes! In a couple of cases, I stepped in. I said, 'I don't know where this pant came from, it's dreadful, and I did not see yesterday.' It's not like me, but I was losing my patience!"

Meanwhile, Klum told us, "I'm so excited to see this show, I haven't seen [what they're presenting] yet. We say on 'Project Runway,' 'One day you're in, and the next you're out,' and it's so true."

This season, the contestants were "very emotional, very soft," she said, indicating that some of the competitors got especially upset after they were eliminated. "Just because we say in one challenge, 'You're out,' doesn't mean you should never design again. It doesn't mean you are bad or your design is awful; it just means you are the weakest one. It's challenge by challenge."

with thanks : stylelist : link in headline for detailed story.

www.sheendesigners.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment